"snake oil" exact phrase
votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Meta

Welcome to the Power Users community on Codidact!

Power Users is a Q&A site for questions about the usage of computer software and hardware. We are still a small site and would like to grow, so please consider joining our community. We are looking forward to your questions and answers; they are the building blocks of a repository of knowledge we are building together.

Comments on How can I heighten the Security window?

How can I heighten the Security window?

+0
−5

Dr. Olin Lathrop alleged

Both the pictures in your question are links into Microsoft's domain, and are therefore used here without attribution. This post needs to be deleted due to gross intellectual property violations. -1 and flagging for moderator attention.

samcarter alleged

A random screenshot from a microsoft forum (without giving credit to the creator!) does not tell us anything about your account!

samcarter "Closed as not constructive" How can I heighten the Security window?.

I am wildered by all this fault finding that feels iffy.

1. Dr. Lathrop appears wrong about "are therefore used here without attribution". I have no clue how Dr. Lathrop appears to have overlooked both ways to check attribution.

1.1. Unquestionably, I wrote the original links to Microsoft in my post. I thus attributed.

1.2. If you hover over screen shots, you can clearly see the screen shot links to Microsoft.

1. samcarter appears wrong, because samcarter does not distinguish relevance from irrelevance. These are not "random screenshot"! These screenshots share the same RELEVANT details as pop ups from my computers. There is no basis, or point, to spend hours screen shotting myself, when others faced same glitches and already screen shot!

2. I feel that many users here scorn me and my questions. If this is true, then please just tell me upfront, rather than nit picking my posts. I admit I am computer challenged. I apologize.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

4 comment threads

I am not, nor ever claimed to be, a Dr. (2 comments)
Please learn from the edit history of your previous post https://powerusers.codidact.com/posts/285726... (1 comment)
I closed as not constructive because you are showing random screenshots from two different(!) dialogu... (1 comment)
You can't know which informations on the screenshots might be interesting for us and we can't know if... (1 comment)
You can't know which informations on the screenshots might be interesting for us and we can't know if...
samcarter‭ wrote about 2 years ago · edited about 2 years ago

You can't know which information on the screenshots might be interesting for us and we can't know if the information we see actually reflects your system. Just take your question yesterday. Because you took a random screenshot of another windows version, your post was very misleading. You could avoid such problems by taking YOUR screenshots. If you want others to use their free time to help you, the least you could do is spend the effort to write your posts yourself!